Sunday, February 13, 2011

Happy Valentines Day Joe!


Hello everyone! I have to say I finally made a card I am really happy with and luckily for me it is for my husband so I don't have to mail it anywhere where I can't see it! Ha! This is an image from Make It Crafty, I love Zoe's stuff but have to work on the merging thing. If anyone knows how to get rid of the white background that comes with some images I would love to know. My card base is kraft cardstock which I thought was a little more masculine than my normal white or cream. The dp is from this years Valentines paper pad by K and Company, felt flowers I made with my die from MFT and dipped in some glitter and the tag is one I made from an old stamp set and I apologize cause I don't know who made it. Colored with copics and added some stickles to the flowers and atyou glitter pen to her bows. Wish I had colored them a different color but they are acceptable.

I am entering this into the following challenges:

http://www.makeitcrafty.com.au   shadow and depth
http://cutecardthursday.blogspot.com/2011/02/challenge-151-hearts-flowers.html hearts and flowers
http://thespottedchick.blogspot.com/    make it krafty thursday
Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

awww so cute ..love the image and the little ticket
Lisa :)

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amanda, This is so adorable! I love the colors that you have used. Your Husband is sure to love it as well. Very sweet and your coloring is fab. Have a great Sunday. Hugs, Lisa

The Spotted Chick said...

Awww Amanda, what a cutie patootie Valentine's card. Love that image and I would've never thought to use felt with that die! How clever are you! Thanks for playing along in my That's Krafty Thursday challenge! {{{hen hugs}}}

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

I really like your card. Great coloring and design.

Brenda Brown said...

Fabulous Amanda, love the bright colours and what a gorgeous image, hopefully Spring is on it's way.
Thank you for sharing your lovely card with us at MAWTT this week.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Lin said...

Beautifully coloured image Amanda. I'm another fan of Zoe's work and you have used this one so well.

Might I ask you to please link to your actual blog post as opposed to your blog next time please hon. It makes it easier to find your entry that way.

In the meantime Happy Valentine's Day

Thank you for joining in with our heart challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

Lin - Lil Miss Chatterbox xx

Patty Sue 2 said...

Amanda...this is so cute, I love it! You will have to tell me what program you use to 'merge' and how to do it. Also, I would love to know how to get rid of the white background. hugs!

Zoe said...

Amanda! What FABULOUS colouring you did with the geeky loves. hehee You have added great depth and made them 'pop' with your choice of colours too! Good choice keeping this one in the family - I wouldn't want to let it go either. heheee Thanks for playing along with MiC this week! hugs xxoo

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous job with the sketch - fun image! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!