Friday, March 11, 2011

kraftin kimmie thread challenge

TGIF everyone! I have this darn head cold so didn't think I would get a chance to do my kraftin kimmie for the week but love to participate in her challenges and really wanted to use my idea for this particular challenge. This week we are to use string or twine and I chose twine and this particular image called Natalie the knitter. You can buy all of the kraftin kimmie stamps at http://www.kraftinkimmiestamps.com.  I wanted to be able to wrap the twine around the spool to make it look like she was knitting with it. The paper is Cosmo Cricket "Material girl" and the roses are from recollections. The background brown layer is has a bit of a sheen to it and I thought it would work well with the off white in the papers. I was going to stitch on it also but since I am getting down to the wire I decided to forego that.

Short and sweet so I can rest a bit tonite and hopefully get busy again tomorrow. Enjoy your weekend everyone!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

gobeagirl said...

Oh Amanda! This is a fantastic card. I just love your idea. Your yarn is just perfect. Really, I love love this card. You should be very proud of yourself. I hope you headcold gets better. I swear everyone in this town is sick. I can feel mine coming, but I don't care I am going shoping no matter what. lol...Have a great weekend. Hugs, Lisa

Patty Sue 2 said...

Well, haven't you come up with the cutest card and with a head cold also! Get better...love your card and the spool with the yarn is just too cute. "Knit Happens!" Love it!

Lynn said...

That is so clever. Love it.

Elaine said...

Fabulous Amanda!
Love the image and awesome colouring as always. The papers are so pretty..but the icing on top is your fab use of the yarn. Perfect!

Love Elaine xx

Lisa Jane said...

This is fab.. i love the fun image and the way you made the bobbin
Hope you feel better soon
Take care
Lisa x

Kerry said...

OMG...love the spool Amanda...flabulous!!! The pp is perfect as your colouring...love it! xx ps hope you feel better soon :-D

Nana Diana said...

Awesome card, Amanda!! What a brilliant idea with the spool and yarn, love it!!

Sylvia Zet said...

What a great idea!!