Saturday, December 3, 2011

My first post with Kraftin Kimmie!

Well in case you didn't know, I was invited to be a guest dt member for the month of December. You have NO IDEA how excited I was when I got Kimmie's email! And our challenge this week at Kraftin Kimmies is to use embossing, either heat embossing or dry or both if you choose!
I have used one of Kimmies Christmas release stamps called Felicity and I apologize because she does have a halo but I am not sure where exactly it is. But she is still pretty don't ya think? I have heat embossed the edges of the dp with gold powder and the paper directly behind the image is dry embossed and then rubbed with some distress ink to bring out the dimension a bit. Her dress did not want to cooperate with me and on the original image the ink ran (note to self, you do not need to saturate the image with smooch ink to get it to glimmer) so I stamped a gold design on some white paper and paper pieced it although it is really hard to see in the photo. Alright, time to get your embossing tools out and if you win you get the stamp Diana has used this week on her card which is the lovely Takara! And Kimmie's Frugal Fridays specials are available now too. On sale this week are Mr Punkinhead, Rudy the Reindeer, Billy Blyth, Speedy the Turtle, Roxy and You are a Treat!

18 comments:

Gerlinde said...

Beautiful card! Love the gold embossing on the edges and the coloring on her hair is unbelievable! Gorgeous!

Shona Erlenborn said...

Oh how pretty! Love the embossed background and the lace.

Kimberly said...

Is it not the best feeling to be choosen for a spot...i felt the same way...love all the glitter and shine to this card and you colored the image perfectly...tfs
www.justwordz.ca

Jenny said...

Love the swiped, embossed edges! Your colouring is really dramatic! Funny that you commented on my embossing folder, cuz it came with the one you used!!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amanda. I'm not sure if I have congratulated you yet, but if I haven't 'Congrats my friend!' I can certainly see why Kim would ask you. You do such wonderful work with all of the Kraftin Kimmie stamps. I love your card. I think your gold embossing on the edges is just fantastic. Such a pretty card with both kinds of embossing. No one would ever think you had any kind of problems with the making of your card as it is just Beautiful! Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Hugs, Lisa

Lisa Jane said...

oh this is just beautiful.. i love the music sheet embossing and the sparkly holly
Lisa x
ps i have candy

CraftyC said...

Beautiful card Amanda, beautiful design
Clairex

Mary J said...

Oh just gorgeous Anita! I really should get my KK's out again!

Can't wait to see what else you make for them this month!!

Ann said...

Beautiful card, love the DP. And I always love embossing the edges of the card. Hugs

Kerri said...

This is just gorgeous, Amanda! Your coloring looks amazing and I love that you used both types of embossing! Beautiful work:)

Alice said...

wow! beautiful vintage look and i love the gold edges on it! gorgeous card, Amanda! love love it!

Karin said...

So, so pretty! I love all the embossing (heat & dry!) and the unique placement of the sentiment!

Tracey said...

A gorgeous card! Stunning colouring!

Anita said...

Congratulations on your guest DT Amanda. You make such fabulous cards with their images and this one is a perfect example - she's gorgeous! Love the pretty papers too. I can't wait to see what else you create this month.

Barbara Sproatmeyer (LM2) said...

This is gorgeous and I love the hair color you did on the angel! Great embossing around the edges too and such a neat idea! :D

Sharon Caudle said...

So beautiful, Amanda!! Love her, and she is still totally beautiful without her halo. Gorgeous design and the embossing looks awesome!
hugs, Sharon

pinky said...

You certainly are in big demand Amanda but tis no wonder are your work is always amazing and always inspirational!!

Patty Sue 2 said...

Oh, she is sweet and I love the embossing behind the image.