Monday, January 21, 2013

Sunshine, Beach and BBQ

Hello everyone! Today is my first post as an Inspiration designer for Make It Crafty and this week we are inspiring you to use the theme "Sunshine, Beach and BBQ" with the option of coloring water. Well, I thought, why not forge ahead and do it all! So this is what I came up with.

My flowers are handmade, hopefully a little tropical looking and I colored Cordelia with blue first then went over the blue and the uncolored portion with some purples to get the gradation of color. Stickles on her tail and the seashells in her hair for some glitter. For the foliage I did add in some definition with a copic multiliner and then sorta  squigled some dark green on for texture and then did some shading from dark to light to add depth.  I dotted some deeper brown on the ground also for a little texture. I kept the rest of the card simple to show off the scene.

Copics
skin E000, E00, E11, E13, R20,BV02
tail  B02, B04, B06, V12
ground  E51, E55, E57, E59
palm leaves  G21, G24, G29
foliage  G29, G03, G05, G07
water  B00, B02, B04, B06, B69

Products
Cordelia the Mermaid
Tropical waterfall

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Anita said...

OMGosh, this is amazing! Love the mermaid and her sparkle, she's beautiful. The flowers do add the tropical feel and the whole scene is gorgeous. I love this card!

Julie Z said...

O-M-G!!! (I guess I'm in total agreement with your first commenter!)
This is absolutely stunning Amanda!!!!
Your coloring is always so fantastic and this goes way beyond that even! The detail is just so fabulous. Stickles look awesome, your handmade flowers - gorgeous, even your frame choices set off your image/coloring perfectly.
This is just an absolutely GORGEOUS piece!!

Shanna Shands said...

This is beautiful work. It must have took forever to color this!

gobeagirl said...

Hi Amanda, WOW... I really just want to say "DITTO" with all the other comments, but you know me better than that. lol.... I think you have done such a fantastic job on this card! I love, love all the color to it and the way you have colored your mermaid is just gorgeous for sure... Love the flowers as well. You did a wonderful job of giving them that tropical look. All in all my friend, I think this card is just FANTASTIC and you should be very pleased with yourself for sure. Hope you are having a great week. Mine has been a good one, but again one of those over the top busy ones. Hugs, Lisa

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

As I mentioned on FB -this is just outstanding!

So nice to see it on my desktop. Her tail is just incredible as well as the background!!!

Kathi said...

Gah. I typed up a huge comment and Blogger ate it.

I think this card is perfect. I'm pinning it. So there.