Saturday, June 1, 2013

Blue, stars and stripes!

Hi everyone! Today is my first post as a member of the Oozak challenge dt and our challenge for the next two weeks is "Blue, stars and stripes". Well, surprisingly I don't have a lot of paper to fit this category but I managed and am really pleased with my card!

This image if from Jennifer Neilson from her etsy store and the papers are Times and Seasons by Echo Park and although it isn't in stock as it is an older collection, they have one of the largest selection of paper pads I have ever seen!  I am looking forward to seeing your projects and wish you luck, Oozak has great prizes for their winners!

Supplies are listed below:
Tim Holtz vintage photo pad  http://www.oozak.com/products.php?cat=410

15 comments:

Shona Erlenborn said...

This little one is just precious! Love the background papers too.

Alyce Kit and Clowder said...

ahhh omygosh what a cutie pie!! the colouring is AMAZING! such perfect shading and i think you did a great job with the paper...the patterns look wonderful together :)

Andrew Gemperline said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!! :) :) :) I love your card!! It's rich and classy!! :) ;) :)

The Scrapbooking Queen said...

Congrats on making the team your talented is amazing
The Scrapbooking Queen
www.thescrapbookingqueen.com

Samantha Casey said...

I love your coloring, it is amazing. And all those papers you chose are perfect! Amazing card!
-Samantha

~ Jo ~ said...

WOW you did an amazing job on this card my friend! The coloring is gorgeous! The papers are beautiful! Just love this card so much. And congrats to you for posting your first project with the OC DT!
Hugs,
Jo

~ Jo ~ said...

One more thing.. is there anyway you can link me to Jennifer's Etsy store? I tried to search for her on Etsy by name and cannot find her. I love that image!

Ann said...

Amanda ~ Beautiful shading, and you have such a wonderful eye for color and design, lovely! I started following your blog. :)

Patty Sue 2 said...

I love this card...it looks like a great birthday card...hint..hint! I tried to find the image on line without luck...can you send me a linc? thanks

NanaConnie said...

This card has a lovely "quilted" feel to it which I dearly love, Amanda! Incredible paper choices and fab coloring (as always.) :-D Gorgeous! Love the stars.

Elaine said...

Stunning Amanda!!
I love everything about this card...the colours, the papers, the image, your amazing colouring, the paper pieced flag...awesome!!

Big hugs
Me xxx

Maria@Crafty Cre8tions said...

LOVE it!

Those stars are awesome!

Oozak is lucky to have you as a member!!

ValByDesign, Valerie said...

I LOVE this!

Kathi said...

Fabulous card with wonderful coloring of that cute image. I especially love how you colored her dress and hair. Those rosy cheeks are pretty darned cute too.

The paper pieced flag is a really nice touch.

Your paper choices, layering, and design are fantastic.