Friday, September 6, 2013

Steampunk tag

Woohoo! Friday at last, and I only had to work 4 days this week lol! I enjoy my job but am definitely glad when the day is over. Anyways, our inspiration for the La-la Land Crafts blog this week is "tags" and I decided to try my hand at steampunk.

I have used some gold glitter nail polish and silver metallic nail polish to paint the gears and corner piece, it adds a great touch and gives me another reason to buy more! I also cut out her wings on my silhouette and painted them with nail polish also. My papers are an older pad by Glitz and the sentiment comes with the stamp. My links and copics are listed below.

Copics
Skin  E000-00-11-13  BV00  R11-12
Dress W1-3-5-7-9  R02-05   YG91-93-95-97-99
Boots and glasses   C1-3-5

Hair  E53-57-59

7 comments:

Sammy said...

That is gorgeous! And I love the idea of using nail polish! x

Shona Erlenborn said...

Aren't you the clever clogs (or should I say cogs!) using nail polish! Love your little steampunk creation! She's a cutie!

Anonymous said...

She looks fantastic!!! I love that nail polish idea soooo much!!! No mess!!!! :)) :))
She looks ready to take flight!!!
Xo

Patty Sue 2 said...

I love it....don't you love using things like nail polish? I am just starting to check out the Silhoutte. I want to make the right choice before investing. Love this tag....great job!

~ Jo ~ said...

Totally cool!! I love it! This is a gorgeous tag!!

Hugs,
Jo
xox

Tracy said...

I had forgotten that you were the one with the bright idea to use the nail polish. That's why her wings looks so awesome. Proud owner here. :-) Hugs!

Elaine said...

I have a little secret to tell you so please keep it to yourself...I actually HATE steampunk. I'm sorry, but I do. I just don't understand what's so hot about cogs and gears and watches.
BUT I will say that this is the best example of Steampunk I've ever seen and you've done an amazing job because this is the first I've ever liked!
(You deserve a medal, a few gold stars and a library to be named after you.)

Your colouring is awesome!

Big hugs
Me xxx